UNDERSTANDING YOUR ASPIRATION IN DEEP: SSC CGL :
SSC CGL exam or the high rapport Staff Selection Commission is a pan India conducted entrance that recruits staff to ministries, departments and organizations of the Indian Government for various Group A and B posts.
A competitive exam that holds national importance no doubt comes with staunch criteria too:
- Shall be any one of the following nationalities:
- Citizen of India
- Subject of Nepal
- Subject of Bhutan
- Tibetan refugee who came for permanent settlement in India before 1st January, 1962.
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries.
- Shall be of age within 18 to 32 years of age.
- Shall hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or graduation certificate or any equivalent qualification from a recognized university.
DATE OF CONDUCTION OF THE EXAMINATION:
With time running from hand, it is very important that you chalk out your preparations for the entrance in accordance with the time of the exam date. As per the updated notifications of the authority of Staff Selection Commission, the SSC CGL 2017 exams are to be held on the respective dates of 10/11/17- 11/11/17, 21st January 18, and February 18 respectively for tiers ii, iii, iv.
|I||5TH AUG 2017 – 24TH AUG 2017|
|II||10TH NOV 2017- 11TH NOV 2017|
|III||21ST JANUARY 2018|
SSC CGL EXAM PATTERN:
As per the latest updation of the SSC CGL board, the following the current exam pattern:
Consisting of four distinct segments, the exam demands its candidate to grow finesse in the following subjects:
For tier 1
- English Language (2 hours)
- General awareness (2 hours)
- General Intelligence and Reasoning (40 minutes)
- Quantitative Aptitude (40 minutes)
For tier 2
- Quantitative Ability (2 hours)
- English Language (2 hours)
- Statistics (40 minutes)
- General Studies (40 minutes)
For tier 3
- Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi (60 minutes)
For tier 4
- Computer Proficiency Test (45 minutes)
EMPLOYMENT OPPURTUNITIES AND JOB ROLES:
After the successful completion of the SSC CGL exam, you can get employed to the different government job posts across India.
Following are some of the variety of job roles that you can expect to be offered after the exam.
- Assistants Section Officer: CSS has been considered as one of the finest Assistant jobs offered by SSC CGL.
- Assistant (Central Vigilance Commission): Assistant in Central Vigilance Commission is a group B, Non- Gazetted post.
- Assistant Audit Officer (AFHQ): This role comes under only the gazette posts of SSCCGL EXAM. The candidate is responsible to performing audit of various government offices and government – owned corporations. However, a field job may sometimes be anticipated.
- Inspector of Income Tax: The Central Excise Inspector working in CBEC (Central Board of Excise and Customs) is invested with the duty of inspection of taxes and returns filed by companies, verifying tangibility of claims submitted, processing data, maintenance of records etc. It is amongst one of the most venerated job amongst government officials.
The job locations various posts completely depends upon the designation and role that is to be played by the candidate. It varies widely over pan India and even foreign.
While you would find the location for Assistant Section Officer to be in Delhi, Assistant in Central Vigilance Commission is limited to tier 1 cities. The role of Assistant Section Officer for External Affairs are eligible to be posted outside India too.
With the forthcoming SSC CGL 2017 catching eye balls of the SSC aspirants because of its job stability, salary packages tagged along with additional perks and benefits, it is important to know them in precision.
As per the 7th Commission, the basic salary stands as the product of (6th pay commission basic) salary + grade pay with 2.57. However, changes in regard with allowances like that of TA, DA etc would be taking place by a separate committee who is likely to submit it’s report by coming 4 months of time.
Increment rate of 3% is retained as before.
The minimum basic salary has been set as 18000 INR and that of maximum as 2.5 L INR in the latest Commission.
SCOPE OF FUTURE GROWTH:
Talking about the scope of future growth, the promotion rates are seen to be varying in its frequency from post to post.
However, what needs to be kept in mind is that this year SSC CGL has come up with a major change. SSC has sectioned various posts into broad divisions of A,B,C,D where you have to fill the groups instead of individual posts preference.
Amongst all these posts, the post that pays the highest is the role of the Gazetted Officer, Assistant Audit Officer in Indian Audit And Accounts Department under the CAG. This is the highest paying job of the rade pay of 4800. However, students with background of commerce or MBA will have relative preference than that of arts/science.
Thus, with all information required for making the right decision, speed up your preparations and bring out the best in your performance.