Are you planning to be a part of the progressive banking sector? Are you looking forward to enter the largest chains of Indian banks? Are you informed enough about how to apply and prosper in your vision to acquire a secured career in the growing banking industry? Are you preparing for IBPS PO but lacking behind with the relevant information about the exam? For all such and more related queries, you can read the below information about IBPS CWE PO exam.
About IBPS CWE (PO)
The IBPS (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection) conducts a CWE (Common written examination) to fulfill the posts of Probationary officer. The exam is conducted on behalf of 21 nationalized banks as a procedure to select the bank probationary officer (PO). Herein, the examination is divided into two parts i.e. written test and personal interview. IBPS hold the authority to conduct the written exam while the personal interview is managed by the participating bank on its own self.
To apply for the IBPS CWE PO exam, applicants must cross check the viability of the below mentioned eligibility criteria’s.
- Nationality: The applicant must be an Indian citizen or belong to Indian origin that carries an eligibility certificate by Indian Government.
- Age: Applicant must carry the age between 20-30 years. Relaxation in age criteria is allowed is 5 years for SC/ST; 3 years for OBC; 10 years for PWD and 5 years for candidates domiciled in J& K.
- Education: A degree of graduation from any discipline from a recognized Government university or any equivalent education will be enough for the candidate to apply for the exam.
Time duration & exam pattern
The IBPS written examination is divided into two sections: Preliminary exam and Mains exam.
Preliminary exam: A total of 100 questions are asked in the preliminary examination which are distributed as 30 questions from English Language, 35 questions from quantitative Aptitude and 35 questions from reasoning ability. This exam will be of 100 marks and time allotted to complete it is 1 hour i.e. 60 minutes.
Once the candidate acquires the qualifying marks in each of the subject, he becomes eligible to go for the Mains examination.
Mains Exam: The mains exams comes with a bundle of 200 questions which are divided as: 50 questions on reasoning, 50 questions on quantitative aptitude, 40 questions on general awareness, 20 questions on computer knowledge and 50 questions on English subject. Total time allotted to complete the exam is 2 hours i.e. 120 minutes.
After clearing the mains exam, the candidate will be called for an interview which also contains qualifying marks. After clearing the interview, the candidate is called upon by a particular bank for job posting.
The IBPS PO exam is conducted via online mode.
Negative marking, if any
Of course, there is a negative marking for both preliminary and mains examination. For every wrong answer, the candidate will lose 1/4th i.e. 0.25 marks.
Time frame taken by the complete recruitment
The complete process of recruiting in a bank on the post of probationary officer (PO) takes about 9-10 months. It includes the date from which the registration on the official website of IBPS opens up till the date a candidate will find the job. Though the preliminary exam will take one month, the mains exam is schedules by its forthcoming week. The result of the mains exam is announced within one month of the test after which the interview is scheduled.
Tips to score well in the exam
To score well, applicants are advised to follow some of the basic preparation tips. Here are some:
- Plan your preparation schedule well. You must know about the topics to be covered during the preparation.
- Pay attention to all the subjects. Manage your time accordingly and allocate proper time to prepare each and every subject.
- Follow a regular practice session. Don’t ever try to skip practicing what you have learnt. Remember, practice makes the man perfect.
- Follow the self study module. However, if you feel the need of taking expert advice, don’t feel hesitated. Join a coaching institute to get the expert advice.
- Always remain focused on your career goal and keep your mind free. With a relaxed mindset, you can easily achieve whatever you want in life.
IBPS PO exam is one of the most competitive exams that recalls for extraordinary preparation. Applicants can acquire IBPS PO coaching classes and assured themselves with a positive result in the near future.