He Territorial Army releases employment notifications every year and conducts an examination to select the well-equipped civilians in its army. Being a part of the Territorial Army is indeed a matter of great pride and in order to be a proud member, you will have to try really hard. If you are going to appear for the upcoming Territorial Army examination, then the following tips can prove to be a boon to you and help you secure really good marks in your examination.
- Study plan: Don’t just jump into studying for the sake of completing your syllabus. Having a proper strategy is sure going to help you, even if you are unable to cover all the topics. The best strategy could be to review the exam pattern, negative marking system, qualification criteria, and every related detail’s to the examination. This way you will be aware about the upcoming examination pattern and marks allocation. You can start your preparation accordingly. Focus more on the area where you think you can score higher and have a look at the past papers without fail.
- Avoid questions you are unsure of: There is a negative marking clause for each wrongly answered question. Half marks will be deducted for each wrong answer i.e. if a question carries 1 marks, an incorrect answer for the same will land you with a negative marking of 0.5. So it is better to skip questions you are unsure of. Guesswork is never going to work here.
- Read newspaper on a daily basis: The general knowledge section will have direct questions and if you know the answer, you can secure really good marks without wasting much time. The time you save in this section can be utilized in other sections like on elementary mathematics. Newspapers are a great source of information and current happenings, so you can expect to get many questions in common under this section.
- Don’t give much time on a single question: This is the biggest mistake that many people do in their examination. There are 100 MCQ questions in each of the two papers and the time allocated for both the papers is 2 hours individually. If you spend more time on a single question then are chances you will not be able to complete your paper. This can really affect your results.
- Solve at least 5-6 previous years question paper: After completing your syllabus on time, make sure that you solve at least prior 5-6 years Territorial Army examination papers. This way, you will be more acquainted with the exam pattern and will be able to solve your paper with more efficiency and within time.
Apart from the above-mentioned 5 tips, you can also take assistance from your acquaintances that have earlier appeared for the examination. In case, you don’t know any such person, ask for guidance and tips from your teachers. These points might sound less-important, but in reality, these points have the capacity to change your entire results.