Cracking the “Assistant Commandant” examination in a single attempt is not a piece of cake and you have to try really hard for securing good marks in it. You must have heard the proverb “there is no shortcut to success”; this is just the thing that you need to keep in mind while preparing for the examination. Just hard work won’t suffice until you drive your preparations in the right direction. There are few tips which will not only help you in clearing the “Assistant Commandant” examination but will also help you in securing good marks in other competitive examinations also.
- Time Management: This is the most crucial skill that needs to be harnessed before the competitive exams. Not only proper time management will help you complete your syllabus in time but it will also help you in completing your paper timely.
- Mock Test: The best way to boost your confidence is by appearing for mock tests. It will help you in evaluating your preparation level and point out your strong and weak areas. This way, you can optimize your preparation time precisely and channel your entire focus to your weak areas, turning your weak points into stronger ones.
- Practice: One thing that can improve your speed and efficiency during the examination is practice. If you have practiced enough then clearing the examination won’t be a difficult task for you.
- Exam Pattern: It is very important to know the exam pattern properly as it will channel your efforts in the right direction. By knowing, the marks allocation and marking criteria, the candidate can proceed with his preparation accordingly.
- Revision: In order to excel in something, you need to put in all your effort and time. Try to complete your syllabus early, so that you get enough time to revise each topic. This will boost your confidence and also will evaluate your preparation levels.
- Syllabus: Before starting your preparation, have a thorough understanding of the entire syllabus and design a wise study plan accordingly. Make sure all the topics included in the syllabus are covered by you so that you are on the safe side. Questions can come from any part of the syllabus and leaving out any topic on the basis of probability will not be a wise thing to do.
- Physical Fitness: Since in order to qualify the examination, the applicant will also be required to clear the Physical Efficiency Test, it is advised that the candidate starts following an intense workout regime on a daily basis, apart from preparing for the written test. This will help you stay healthy and fit which can contribute largely towards your selection.
- Research Well: The questions that are asked in the personal interview are quite tricky and the candidate needs to know the type of questions being asked so that he becomes familiar with the difficulty level and doesn’t fumble during the interview. You can search for the asked questions over the internet and ask your acquaintances who have appeared earlier in the interview. Thorough research will surely pay off.
Make a study plan before beginning your preparations and channel all your efforts in the right direction. The above-listed tips might be main stream but according to toppers, these are the main things that kept them ahead of every candidate in the examination. Hard work and the right approach to study will surely make you clear the examination. You can always reach out to candidates as well who have earlier appeared for the examination and take tips from them.